How do I send customer statements?
*** Recently the 'Statements feature' has changed in our system. Statements previously appeared in Reports -> Customer Reports. Statements now have their own menu item for ease of access.
- In your Workshop Software menu, click on 'Reports' and 'Statements'
Choose the appropriate options for your statement batch including:
- How you wish to send to customer
- Statement begin period (this can be left blank as required)
- Statement end period (always required)
- Whether you want to show 'paid transactions'
- Whether you want to send a standard statement or 30/60/90 day statement
NB: The list will dynamically update based on the settings you have chosen and only display the relevant results in the table.
3. You now need to SELECT the statements you wish to send from the list presented.
4. You can either click on the statements you wish to email/print OR select 'ALL'' from the bottom left-hand side of the screen. The selected statements will highlight in blue.
5. Click 'Send' to send the statements to your customers email or printer.
6. You will be asked if you are happy to proceed sending the statements.
NB: The same message appears for both printed statements and emailed statements. The wording defaults to 'emailed statements' but rest assured, that if you have selected to print the statements only, they will not be emailed.
7. A green success bar will appear at the top of the screen.
8. Invoices for printing will appear in a separate browser window, ready for printing (using your standard computer print settings).
If you have opted to print the invoices and nothing happens following step #5 (when you click the 'send' button) it's possible your browser is not set up to open pop-ups. This is easily fixed. You will see an icon similar to the following in your web address bar (typically on the right-hand side). Click this icon and choose the option to allow pops-ups from this site/webpage. Try printing your statements again and follow the steps 6-8.
How do I know my statements have been emailed?
You will receive a pop-up in statement send window advising you how many emails have been sent.