WS Settings Explained
WS Settings Explained:
- Each of the settings within the settings tab under 'Company Settings' are configuring the way you run your system.
Take a look at what each section means and you may find that something needs to be configured/changed.
Australian Business Number: An Australian Business Number (ABN) is a unique 11 digit number that identifies your business to the government and community.
- Mobile Company Name: This will display as the contact name when sending an SMS.
- UTC: Coordinated Universal Time.
- Default Work Hours Per Day: This is the combined hours of all employees that will reflect on the booking diary. Eg. 5 Mechanics work 10 hours per day = 50 hours.
- Vehicle Title Name: This will appear when the ‘advanced vehicle fields’ are turned on and will rename the ‘vehicles’ tab to any other industry.
- MVRL Number: Motor vehicle repairers’ licence.
- Vehicle Groups: Choosing these industry types will display different body types within the vehicle.
- Default Service Interval: This is the interval between when services are taken out. This will be via month.
- Default Method Of Contact: Whatever this is set to is what each contact will default to when created from then on.
- Advanced Vehicle Fields: This is for clients that have a specific or different industry to auto mechanic shops such as marine or bicycles.
- Show Fleet Code: This will show the fleet code on the invoice/job card/job centre.
- Shop Opens and Close: Enter in the clients shop open and close times and this will configure in the booking diary.
- Show all Shop For Month: Instead of showing individual mechanics on the booking diary, it will show all the mechanics together when looking at the month view.
- Description to Job Status Comment: If text is entered into the booking description, if setting is turned on this text will transfer to the job status comment when turned into a job.
- Tax Name: The country or regions tax name.
- Purchases Tax Rate: What rate do purchases get charged tax at.
- Sales Tax Rate: What rate do sales get charged tax at.
- Prices Include Tax: This is important, If this is flicked ON it means that the system will NOT add tax to your unit price. However, if you leave it flicked to OFF the system will add 10% (TAX) on top of each product
- Tax Freight: Did you want to add tax to any freight added to the invoice.
- Round Total: This will round the totals of the invoice to the nearest 5cents.
- Discounts Include Tax: If this is flicked on, the system will not add any additional tax to discount.
- Invoice Format: These are the different invoice formats to choose from.
- Invoice Terms: What sort of default terms should the invoice have when advising the client when payment is due.
- Bundled Item Print Style: This relates to how product bundles (a bundle or kit of multiple parts joined together) will display on the invoice.
- Hide Part Numbers: This will hide any item codes on all invoices.
- Hide Labour Quantity: This will hide the amount or hours of labour on all invoices.
- Hide Line Prices: This will hide all retail line prices on invoices.
- Hide Header / Footer On Bundles: This will hide the bundle names as well as the bundle totals to reflect only line items.
- Barcode on Job Card: Turning this on will place a barcode on the job card that connects to the Workshop Software app. When scanned, it will open up the job and allow the mechanic to clock on and off the job.
- Invoice Number Equals Job Number: Instead of the job numbers and invoice numbers being different. When setting is flicked on, the job card and invoice numbers will be the same when opened and processed.
- Cannot Process – Orders Attached: When job is linked to a stock order, if the stock order is still open and not received and the setting is flicked on the system will not allow the invoice to be processed.
- Add Pricing To Job Card: This will add all the line item prices to the job card.
- Hide Tyre Details (Job Card): The job card currently has an option to enter tyre details, however if this is not needed/not wanted, this can be switched off with this setting.
- Merge Bundle With Invoice Lines: This setting will allow bundles to look and act like normal individual line items.