vvGarage - Integration with Workshop Software
This guide will show you how to get your vvGarage account integrated with Workshop Software. If you have not got an account set up with vvGarage please refer to this guide to get set up: https://help.workshopsoftware.com/article/545-vvgarage-getting-set-up
The vvGarage integration with Workshop Software is an initiative that is designed to enhance the customer experience through the simple yet powerful communication through a unique app designed for your Workshop. This guide will help you integrate your vvGarage app into your Workshop Software system ready for the ease of contacting your customer.
1. To start the setup go to Integrations - Automotive Integrations - VV Garage:
2. Press "Activate VV Garage" (Skip this step if already activated)
3. The next step is to retrieve your API Key from your vvGarage account. You would have received your login details for the vvGarage portal from a Service Programs representative - if you have not subscribed to vvGarage please see the following guide for these instructions: https://help.workshopsoftware.com/article/545-vvgarage-getting-set-up
4. Log into the portal at https://vvgarage.com/
5. Go to "Users" and select "User API Key":
6.Select a location (if required). Note: the location list comes from VV Garage. Most companies will only have 1 location. If you have multiple locations, then select the one for the store that this is connected to.
7. Press "save"
Now that you have activated your integration all your customers and their vehicles should appear in VV Garage ready to go!
8. The next step is to set up your booking appointment options that exist in Workshop Software to VV Garage.
Note: If this has been done previously, you won't need to do this again. If the appointment description already exists in VV Garage you will need to change this description before pressing the VV Garage icon
You can press this button at any time to bring over appointments. Any new appointment created will automatically be sent to VV Garage.
9. Go to your Workshop Software Settings - Public Bookings:
10. Click on the VV Garage icon. This will send all of your Appointments as job types to VV Garage.
Adding a customer to vvGarage
The purpose of this article is to show you how to manually add a customer to VV Garage through Workshop Software.
Please note that when you add a new customer they will automatically be added to VVGarage - this is just in case a customer has not synced properly.
1. Search for the customer:
2. Open up the customer details and click the action star in the top right hand corner
Select "Add Customer To VV Garage" and fill in the details in the box on the screen:
- Username (email address)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email address
7. Press Create
NOTE: This will also sync over all the vehicles. If the vehicle has no build date, it won't sync.
How do I know if a customer has been added to VV Garage?
Answer: The customer will have a green "VV Garage: Registered" icon in top right hand corner.
How do I know if the vehicle has been added to VV Garage?
Answer: There will be a red "VV Garage" button next to the vehicle. If this is green, then the vehicle has been added.
Adding a Vehicle to vvGarage
NOTE: Before a vehicle can be added to VV Garage, the customer MUST be registered.
1. Make sure that the vehicle has a make, a model, and a build year. These are necessary for this process to complete successfully.
2. Find the green button with the VV Garage icon which is at the bottom of the customers profile, next to the vehicle, and press this button.
3. If successful, the button will turn to a red (remove/delete) button with the VV Garage ICON ON IT.
Create Booking From the App
Accept the Booking:
1. Follow the guide for accepting a public booking: https://help.workshopsoftware.com/article/657-online-booking
From this point on, every change made to the booking, will send a push notification to the customer's mobile. This includes, but not limited to:
- Starting the Job
- Changing the status of the job - to adjust and change the status, you will go into the job, and change the 'Job Status':
- Creating an inspection
- Emailing inspection to the customer
- Finalising the inspection
- Finalising the invoice
For more information, please see the related guides and the below video: