Allocate a Part Payment / Customer Receipt
How to allocate a part payment against a customer or supplier invoice
This guide will show you how allocate a part payment against an invoice, for instances where a customer is wanting to pay off an invoice over time.
If the customer is a cash customer (Account Info is CASH), the invoice type will need to be changed to ACCOUNT. This enables the invoice to be processed with a balance due amount, which can be paid off in the future.
Once the invoice has been processed, it will show a balance due amount. You can then allocate the part payment against the invoice to reduce the balance
1. Click on the ‘+’ icon at the top right of the page and select Customer Payment from the dropdown menu;
2. Search for the customer and double click to select;
3. Click on the green search icon to bring up a list of invoices with outstanding balances;.
4. Click on the invoice to be paid. Please note that only processed invoice(s) will appear on the list. Then click on the green ‘Select’ button;
5. Enter the payment details;
- Change post date if necessary
- Click into the Applied Amount field to enter the amount being paid
- Select the Payment Method
- Click the green Apply button
- Click Process to process the payment
6. The invoice details will now show the amount of the invoice and the balance owing;