How to Create a Credit Against a Customer
How to create a credit against a customer in Workshop Software
If a customer wants to make pre-payment then a credit invoice can be created to allocate the payment against. In order for this to work the customer will need to be set as an account customer.
1. Click on the ‘+’ icon at the top right hand side of the page next to your company name and logo and select ‘Customer Invoice’ from the drop down box.
2. Search for the customer using the search field at the top right of the page and double click on their details.
3. Enter the invoice details; ensure that you select ‘Credit’ from the ‘Invoice Type’ dropdown menu.
4. Click on the Process button at the bottom right of the page to finalise the invoice:
5. The customer will now have an unapplied credit for the amount of the invoice:
6. The available credit will show and can be applied when creating a customer payment: