Integrating with Tiremetrix/Tire Registration Plus
This article will show you how to use the Tiremetrix (Tire Registration Plus) integration with Workshop Software.
Please note that this integration is for our USA Workshop Software users only.
- Ensure you have an "In-Store" Account
- Ensure your "Show Price" setting is turned on (if turned off it will ask for a quote instead of bringing back prices to Workshop Software)
If you require the "Show Price" setting to be turned off for your website then you will need to request a new Tiremetrix account to be set up which the new account can then be integrated with Workshop Software. The new account will need to have the "Show Price" setting turned on.
Tiremetrix also has its own pricing stipulations in order to utilise their software.
1. Log into Workshop Software using the following URL: my.workshopsoftware.com
2. Go into an open job via your 'Job Center' tab:
3. Once you are in the job, you will be able to add your stock. You will notice that to access the Tire Metrix Integration the product/Tire you would like to register will need to be classed as a 'Tire'. To make sure your product is classed as a tire, you can go into the product details and check the 'Type':
4. Once your Tire has been classed as a 'Tire' in your Workshop Software system you can go back to your job and add your Tire product:
5. You will notice that if you go into the 'Star' action to the very right of the product you will have an option that says 'Add DOT/TIN'. Please note that this will only appear if your product is classed as the product type 'Tire' (As seen in step 3):
DOT stands for Department of Transportation, which is a federal government agency. DOT codes are issued to retreaders who apply because they wish to retread tires that will be sold in the United States. These numbers indicate the week and year the tire was retreaded.
TIN stands for Tire Identification Number, it has the same meaning as DOT.
6. Once you press on the 'Add DOT/TIN' option it will present another screen to choose the tire details. In the example of the Kenda Klever tire, Tire Metrix was able to gather the information:
Please note, that not all tires will be automatically generated and if they are not, you are able to add the details manually.
7. Either add your tire details in manually or choose from the tire details displayed. Double click to select a tire option which will then allow you to enter the details:
If you needed to change all 4 tires, simply update the quantity on your invoice and you will be given 4 different options instead of 1.
8. Make sure to press 'Save' once you have finished filling out the DOT numbers:
9. Once you process your invoice that you have added the DOT numbers to, this will automatically send that information to the relevant organisation for recording.
10. The next step is to process the invoice. Once you have finished the job and would like to finalize it, please scroll down to the bottom and select process:
11. Once you click process and select your payment method the following screen will appear. This recognizes the details you have added and if you press 'Register' it will register the tire automatically for you:
Not only does Tire Metrix offer the Tire Registration Plus functionality you see above but it also offers TPMS management (Tyre Pressure Monitor System).
1. If you go into another invoice you will have a 'Star' action against the vehicle where you can select 'TPMS Record'. This invoice does not have to have tires on it as it is using the details of the car itself.
2. This will then jump straight into the Tire Metrix TPMS Manager where it will display any alerts, parts, tools etc.
3. If you press on 'Relearn Procedure, this will give you the TPMS management via individual vehicles.
These are the functionalities of the Tire Metrix integration which are a must have for any shop who deals with tires.
There is also a video below that covers of the points in this guide: