How to Create a Booking
How to Create a Booking
- Click on the + button at the top of the page and select Create New - Customer Booking:
2. Search for an existing customer and click to select or click on the + button to add the details of a new customer:
3. Click to select an existing vehicle or click on the + button to add the details of a new vehicle:
4. Add the details of the booking:
- Customer Order Number - optional
- Booking Date - the date of the booking
- Due by - optional
- Product - you must enter a labour line for the booking to present in the booking calendar. This can be any type of product so long as the product type is Labour. For more information on entering products and product types please see the guide titles: How to add a Product
OPTIONS FOUND UNDER THE STAR ACTION:
- Assign a mechanic - optional - can be added at a later date
- Enter an estimate of how long the job will take - optional
- Enter any notes for the booking
If you have not set up any labour products procedure below:
- Click on Products from the menu options down the left hand side of the screen and then click on the + icon at the far right of the blue bar that says Products:
- Enter the details of the part, only the Item Code field is a required field, it is up to you how much information you enter and you can always come back and add more at a later date;
Item Code - required field
Description 2 - this is an internal field and will not show on a customer invoice
Searchable Tags - useful if the part has a different item code with a different supplier, you can then search for either the Item Code or Searchable Tag and bring up the same part
Group - either add to existing group or create new group
Type - choose what type of product it is, you can choose from stock (default), labour, sublet repair, consumable, accessories, tyres.
Service - Yes or No, if the product is a labour service then set to Yes.
Supplier - type in the name of the supplier and then select it, this will then link the product to the supplier in your Supplier listing.
Qty On Hand
Minimum - will become relevant when improvements to the Stock Inventory System are released in the future
Maximum - will become relevant when improvements to the Stock Inventory System are released in the future
Don't Upd. Qty - if you don't want to track the quantity of a product then set to YES if you do want to keep track of the quantity a product leave as NO
Retail Price - the price you will sell the product at
GST Free - if you want the product to be charged ex. GST change to YES
Price2, Price3 & Price4 - can be allocated to customers through their Customer Details, enables you to offer trade or reduced pricing
Cost - the price you paid for the part or the labour cost
Comment - anything entered in this field will sit as a comment below the product line on an invoice
Job Card Comment - anything entered in this field will sit as a comment below the product line on a job card
Note: When setting up the product, be sure you set the 'Type' to Labour. This will allow your booking to come up in the booking calendar.
- Change Product type to "Labour" then Save
5. Click Save.